07 February 2006

Oh Happy Day! Back in (Favorite Red) Heels Again!

I took a risk. This morning, when I got up at 4:30 (yes, you read that right) to put together a presentation that I really, really, really didn't want to put together, I decided I needed a boost.

My favorite winter skirt suit (BR, complete with detachable fur collar - very convenient for mornings like this morning) in black & white herringbone. Very 40s.

Nude fishnets (normal size).

And I was thinking my baby blue Circa by joan & david pumps (a few seasons old, but kinda like this). I'm wearing a blue & white striped button down, after all.

Then that all felt very matchy-matchy (and, truth be told, my blue pumps are still in the "being broken in" phase - they'are really stiff leather). Hmmm...what else? Not flats. Couldn't do flats. Had enough of flats.

Inspiration struck. On a shelf in my closet, lonely and sleeping in a box, were my Deep Red Patent Leather Square Toe Chunky Heel (Nine West - I was a Nine West addict for a while) pumps.

Now I know you must be saying: 'square anything? that's sooooooo 24 hours ago.' But I love these shoes. I loved them from the moment I saw them on display at the Macy's at Pentagon City Mall. I kept thinking about them. So I went back to visit. Yup, as pretty as I thought. Did that twice. Drug my resident gay boyfriend fashion expert to see them.

"You have to have them!" he exclaimed. So I bought them. And wore them nearly every day for a year. They go with everything. Everything. My favorite outfit starred them: dark grey sweater and slacks. And the shoes. Got more compliments on that outfit...and it travelled well. Still remember it at the week-long conference I helped to run. Dead tired, but once I put on those shoes,...

That was at least 5 years ago. They've been a little neglected in the past 2 years, I think. They were probably a little depressed.

So on they went. And my foot doesn't hurt at all. I feel great! (And look pretty good, if I do say so myself.)

Sigh. Back in heels. The world is at my feet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love red shoes! How fabulous.