04 May 2006

Where In the Fashion World?

On a lunchtime break, I just read Robin Givhan's article on the Prada "epicenter" exhibition in NYC. Twirling and swishing skirts, all on display for me to see? Sounds delightful. The worst part of it is, I would love ot have the $120 catalogue that supposedly accompanies the exhibition, just like an art exhibit catalogue.

To quote Robin, "The catalogue juxtaposes a photograph of each skirt alongside a full-page detail study that inspects a grommet with the same care and rigor as might be used to examine Caravaggio's portrayal of light."

I'm such a geek. I'd love it.

It reminds me of the catalogue I bought from the Elsa Schiaparelli exhibit F took me to in Philly a few years back. Amazingly beautiful (and crowded), it opened the world of a designer who more people should know about. Here's a good place to start.

But back to the Prada exhibition...

I think I'll make a list (one day) of the fashion sights I'd like to visit. Where would you go? What have you seen? What do you dream about seeing?

1 comment:

BabsieD said...

The Bata Shoe Museum in Toronto. Never been, am dying to go. Heard it's amazing.