And the proof of it was packing the Ritz' Fahrenheit restaurant last night at the Suited for Change Mercedes-Benz VIP After Party for the DC screening of The Devil Wears Prada. Reasons why I found faith in our collective DC Style last night:
1) The "What" was listed as "VIP Gifting Lounge and Champagne Reception." Anything with champagne = Style with a capital "S" in my book. Yummy.
2) Fahrenheit. Great vibe. Warm dark wood and claret tones. Candles & soft lighting.
3) The Ritz.
4) Having Security at the event. Made me feel special, anyways.
5) Swag with w capital "S." I'll give my full report in a future post.
6) Everyone in the room was clearly having a great time and looking amazing. Everything from Missoni minidresses to LBD
7) A room full of women clearly interested in Style. I felt like I'd come home.
And then I met H (formerly known as F), who was cooling his heels at Café la Ruche nearby, we got in the car to drive home, and drove through Georgetown. I was mildly crestfallen. Khakis and boring little tops everywhere.
So as I fell asleep, I dreamt not of sugarplums dancing, but of fashion prancing...and slept the best sleep in days.