06 August 2006

We Did It All

From our base at The Marcel, we did it all.

We're back, and I repeat my much earlier post: We're moving to New York. I can't tell you how sad I was coming back on the train last night. Thank goodness we had a wonderful, old-skool DC cab driver from Union Station, with the Nats game on the radio, or I would've run back in the station and planeted myself on the train until it turned back around for NYC.

No offense to all the tropic-bound-newlyweds, but we had the best honeymoon EVER. We spent the week high-fiving ourselves for doing it so right. I'll give a full - and I mean full - report over the next week or so, but...highlights include...

Classic NYC: Matzoh-ball soup, challah grilled cheese, and cheesecake at Junior's, then Rita Wilson in Chicago.

The new Chelsea architecture: Balenciaga & Comme des Garcons

Village cool: Live latin jazz, hand-rolled cigars, and the best mojito ever at Cuba

Soho steal: $995 Daslu grape velvet boots for $49.
Celebrity spotting: Sting and Trudie. I'll tell you where later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

NYC sounds better than the tropics any day!

Alison Santighian said...

FlameOn - You must be a really smart person ;-)