12 May 2007

Style Scoop: Vintage Books Turned Purse

Washingtonienne Caitlin, I'm intrigued. And I'm not sure what to think.



Confession: I'm addicted to books.



So a purse made from very used (and not harmed) books seems like a logical style leap for me. But when I read The Tailored Woman's post on Rebound Designs, I really just couldn't make up my mind.



I know you don't hurt the books. I know someone else did, and you're rescuing them. And that you save the pages and try and find some other lovely use for them.



I know that the Edith Hamilton's Mythology would be a perfect, ladylike, and amusing addition to my collection.



But it still hurts me that the books get hurt somewhere along the way, somehow.



I hope I'll get over it. Soon.

2 comments:

The Tailored Woman said...

I am so tempted by the "English Literature" purse. Would it be more ethical if I asked Caitlin to send along all the pages that went with the book? I would read them and treasure them! Really! But I wouldn't carry them around in the purse because that would just be silly.

Alison Santighian said...

Smile. Carrying them around in the purse is somehting I would do ;-) And as one whose H had to unpack books we were packing for storage because I broke down crying, yes, it's absolutely more ethical ;-)