25 June 2007

How Not to Age Yourself

This cream, that cream, this shot, that shot.

1001 ways to stay young and not age.

Call us obsessed, our culture.

My top 5 ways to stay young:
  • Think young. It's all in your mind, really. All of those women you see who just don't seem to age? It's not just the botox. It's in their carriage.
  • Dress your age. (Read: don't try to dress younger than you are - surefire way of revealing the numbers on your driver's license.)
  • Eat well. Notice I don't say "eat healthy." Eat what you like when you like it. Just remember to like things that are also good for you. If you feel good, you'll look good - and look young.
  • Drink well. Nothing like a glass of wine on a summer's day, or a cool cocktail on a summer terrace to relax you and make you feel completely pampered...thus making you look young.
  • Don't grow a bump. Somehow, I'm not sure how, you can have a complete and total babyface, and suddenly, when you're obviously preggers, you become ma'am. Great. Way to make a gal feel special.

2 comments:

Miss Scarlet said...

And drink lots of water. YUM!


That's funny about the ma'am thing.

BabsieD said...

Well stated, my sweet.

I'd add "take care of your hands"-nothing ages you like wrinkled hands. Damn those friends of mine who ALWAYS wore sunscreen and rubber gloves--their hands look like they're 12.

Be thankful that that ma'am-ing didn't happen until bumpness. I actually used my crows feet as ID once at Merriweather because I didn't have my license on me. And that was like 6 years ago.