08 November 2007

Shop in Style: Events Galore VIII - Secret Revealed - R. Nichols Makes a DC Appearance

Sorry for the secrecy, but here it is, along with the story behind my first celebrity Blogland meet.

Right after I met my first friend through the internet (it makes for a great "how did you two meet" story), I felt oh, so very important when I got an invitation to Suited for Change's anniversary gala - addressed to DC Celine. I had no idea what I was doing - had never really been to an event like that (unless you count the random tickets H and I got to the Redskins - ick - 70th anniversary gala). So I asked at the door for Babsie D, and I found her, and we met - in person, after months of Blogland.


Introductions all around, H and friend happy because there were tons of models walking around, and friend's wife and I happy because of the fashion all around.


And then I was introduced to R. Nichols. A delightful, dapper man with a ready smile and a pen that beats all. He's Stationer Extraordinaire and Artist (know the cover illustration to "French Women Don't Get Fat?"). We chatted and chatted, and then we were photographed. I felt so ridicioulsly special. (You can tell I hadn't done the Washington events scene up to that point. Wasn't used to the grin n click.)

But anywho...now I'm a jaded woman of the world (yeah, right)

R. Nichols is in town next week...

What: Premier of R. Nichols' Washington DC stationery line and a retrospective of his original work (and limited edition prints on hand for sale, too)
When: Wednesdsay 14 November, 6-8pm
Where: apres peau, 1430 K St NW
Why: Because his stuff just plain ol' rocks (and a girl can never have enough stationery)
RSVP: 202.783.0022 or events@aprespeau.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so cool! who knows how far a blog can take you!

kim

BabsieD said...

Ah, seems like yesterday, doesn't it???
xoxo