14 November 2011

Style Dilemma: 20th Reunion, and No Time to Shop

Yes, this is for me.

My 20th high school reunion is less than 2 weeks away, and I haven't even thought about a dress. Well, at least not since August, when I said I was going to get ready, and then thought briefly about options.

Well, I suppose I could check out any of the three I posted about, and see if they're still available. They might require a fitter me than I am, though. So I'm sending out a plea: Help a time-starved fashionista out!

20 years. Need to kick style ass. No time to shop (read: order online), and a Germanic figure.

And I might really really really want to wear my Oscars. Really.

5 comments:

Celeste said...

Personally, in that predicament, I'd go to nordstrom and use the free personal shopper to help me out.

Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...

Now where is it taking place? Is it more of cocktail attire or more formal(saw your examples)? I know for my 15th I wore a pale blue chiffon overlay sleeveless swing dress with strappy silver heels and felt a bit overdressed compared to the masses in crepe LBDs. If I could do it again I think I would have been more daring with my sartorial choice to show that I am not looking fabulous by chance, but that I have good style as a rule ;)

I know whatever you pic will be tres chic!

Alison Santighian said...

Celeste - fairly certain I won't even manage that - work schedule is so tight, AND i'm flying solo with the beans until this sunday

Allie - it's up in SE PA, wannabe suburban/rural at a hotel ballroom. 7-10pm type time frame, so cocktail or cocktail+ would work. I do like your outfit for your 15th - and I do want to be daring.

Celeste said...

Ahhh...flying solo with beans does suck up a lot of time...that I know for sure. I think I would order 3-4 possible choices from a quick website with free return shipping like zappos. I'm really loving a lot of the Michael Kors dresses. I like your previous choices. This is nice:

http://www.zappos.com/jax-colorblock-sleeveless-dress-black-gunmetal

Alison Santighian said...

Do like the blocked option. And yes, think tonight will be ordering online and trying them on this weekend!