24 July 2006

The Real J is Back - And Wearing Suit Shorts!

The Real J said...

So i did it, bought the suit shorts. Black from Banana with a giant cuffs. Lovin them! Your turn! Already got several compliments.

The gauntlet is thrown. I get it, J.* In fact, I was just pondering my first suit shorts purchase as a staple for NYC. I'll write more about that stressor later, but I'm thinking they would do well for stylishly trapsing the streets and avenues of Gotham.

As a recap, J & I discussed the possibility of the "business shorts" when they first appeared on the runway. We were both intrigued, particularly as a new office option. But the major concern was early pairs were super-skinny, and didn't seem to have much room in the rear, if you get my drift.

Apparently, J's found a solution; now it's my turn! (We won't discuss the fact that I haven't heard from J in weeks, and now she comes out fightin' - that's another thing entirely.)

A cursory shop at Nordstrom last night (Girls' Night Out - more on that later, too) yielded a few possibilities, but we'll see. I may have to wait 'til we arrive on the island to purchase.

J - are these the ones?

*For those of you who don't know The Real J, she's a lovely colleague whom I don't see anymore in the new position. She was just about the only one in the old office who had any real sense of style.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, believe it or not, these are the ones i got: http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse/product.do?cid=5017&pid=410109&scid=410109002

I know they look skinny, but they have just the right ratio of stretch to drape.
I have another item for you to check out> Loving the wide headbands. Especially with my new shorter cut. This one is my fav: http://www.ardenb.com/shop/detail.asp?styleid=36637096&colorid=624&cat_id=7&sub_id=0
Although i got it in red and white stripe. Enjoy. And go buy/try those shorts!

Alison Santighian said...

Got it, J. After I posted, I found those, and realized they must be "the ones."

Honestly, I'm wondering who the genuis was who started this whole trend. Anyone know?

And yes! on the headband. I tried on a whole bunch at Nordstrom's Girls' Night Out the other night. I'm definitely going to grab one or two for the trek north.