16 February 2007

Don't Forget! C-Mart opens tomorrow in DC

I know most of you are already setting your alarms, but don't forget! that C-Mart opens up tomorrow just inside the Beltway.
So from a little town off The 405 (I still think it's amusing that Californians use "the" in front of any highway number), with my balcony door open to hear and feel the ocean breeze, I ask you, the DC Fashionistas, to Go Forth and Report...tell us what you find (other than 100s of other madwomen) at the C Mart opening tomorrow.


And if you report in, I promise a juicy (no, still no star-sightings) report from La-La Land when I return.

3 comments:

K said...

oh wow. i wanted 4 hours to pay for my stuff (which ended up being 2 pairs of pants). they had some wonderful chloe bags tho, but it was insane there. absolute bedlam.

BabsieD said...

How is CA? How was your dinner pahtay? Wish I was there!

Haven't made it over there yet--just getting my bearing straight now that I'm home and self employed, but will get there soon (lunch date?).

Anonymous said...

Instead of weathering the crowds waiting outside for three hours on Saturday, my fiance and I headed over first thing Monday morning (thank you, Presidents of the past for my fab day off!). While there were still crowds waiting to get in, it was nothing insane...nothing that would keep me away from the gems waiting inside. For $47, I purchased three very cool Forever 21 shirts an American Apparel sweatshirt, pair of shorts and (don't laugh) a bodysuit. The reason for the strange bodysuit purchase? Everything American Apparel was being sold for $4 each. Aforementioned fiance purchased about $150 worth of American Apparel merchandise for $28. WOW.

I grew up in the same town as the original C-Mart, and it was a Saturday shopping staple for most of my pre-teen and teen years. When it relocated from Belair to Joppa, it was a sad day. Looks like the sun shines again for me with a C-Mart so close.

On one hand, I'd love to tell you to go, but on the other, I don't want you snagging that pair of $65 Diesels (not joking) out from under me.