08 March 2011

Wishful Thinking: Eyes on the Prize

We've all been through this before. This year, everything fits, or doesn't fit anymore because you're in your "skinny mode." Next year? Not so much.

I can't say "I've tried everything," because I don't diet. Ever. (OK, that two days of the lemon juice + cayenne cleanse I tried doesn't count.) I do try to eat better and exercise more - it's what really works for me. Takes forever, sure, but I'm just not into deprivation. I set a goal, and work my way there. One year, I took inspriation from that old Yoplait commercial and hung a bikini in my singlegirl kitchen (itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny-yellow-polka-dot-bikini). It worked.

This year, though, I'm going to use those amazing M Missoni tanks and dresses I spotted at Loehmann's during my Friendship Heights speed shopping afternoon last Friday (3 hours, 4 stores, 4 bags-o-good-stuff - more on that later). They were GORgeous. And perfect for our Take-Vacation-then-Stay-at-the-Beach-and-Work-from-the-Shore month this summer. I almost bought one, even though too small, as a goal. But then decided that wouldn't be a prudent use of funds, just in case.

I can see me working in these...laptop open on the balcony, waves crashing in front of me, can't you?

No comments: