13 July 2011

Updated: The Beginning of the End

[No, I don't have time to blog. No, I don't have time to post. But I'm taking 5 minutes out of what will be an incredibly long day (last two have logged 13 and 14 hours respectively) to share. So pbbbbbbt! proposals!]

There are certain joys in life. One of mine is getting an out-of-the-blue email from Dariaux, with whom I probably share some blood somewhere. We're oddly similar - same likes, same outlook on life - it's eerie at times. Made my day when I saw her email pop in my inbox.

To: DC Celine
Subject: you'd understand
From: Dariaux

You are one of the few people I can share this with . . . just bought my first pair of Christian Louboutin shoes :-)

To: Dariaux
Subject: RE: you'd understand
From: DC Celine

Ahhhhh. Best part of that email? "First". Which ones?

To: DC Celine
Subject: RE: you'd understand
From: Dariaux

Pigalle 100 patent leather pumps.  Amazing.  Want more.

To: Dariaux
Subject: RE: you'd understand
From: DC Celine


Sigh. Don't tell me that.

To: DC Celine
Subject: RE: you'd understand
From: Dariaux

they had an adorable pair of fishnet/suede kitten heels but not in my size.  Oh, they let me try on a $5500 pair of crocodile shoes - gorgeous!

To: Dariaux
Subject: RE: you'd understand
From: DC Celine

where did you buy?

To: DC Celine
Subject: RE: you'd understand
From: Dariaux

At the Christian Louboutin shop in the Palazzo in Vegas. 


Updated 25 August 2011, after I sent a long-intended email with a snapshot of my new Oscar de la Renta sandals...


To: Dariaux
Subject: Oscar
From: DC Celine


The have red insoles rather than red soles, but still. 

Amazing.




To: DC Celine
Subject: RE: Oscar
From: Dariaux



very nice :-)   

I love these shoes. I want more.  Did I mention that they are perfectly balanced??




To: Dariaux
Subject: RE: Oscar
From: DC Celine


No, you didn't. Stop. Now I'll want some, and I'll have to weigh the cost of my shoes against my children's education or something. 

I love mine, too. I just don't want to wear them anywhere they might be harmed. First wearing I nicked the heel. Pooh.




To: DC Celine
Subject: RE: Oscar
From: Dariaux



I can't help it.  They are awesome.  Absolutely NO breaking in time.   I want more.  Grrr.   
I know the feeling.  I wouldn't wear my CLs outside for the first few days b/c I didn't want to ruin the sole . . . but that just got crazy, so I'm wearing them all the time now :-)




To: Dariaux
Subject: RE: Oscar
From: DC Celine



exactly. they were made to be worn. 

i just need a driver.

No comments: