14 September 2012

Week in Style: Shopping and Goals and Punks, Oh My!

More DayJob insanity, so here's a quick and dirty on the erstwhile style insanity...

Ready, set...GO!

1) New Nordstrom Rack in Tyson's - if you follow any of the DC style blogging set on Instagram, you saw all sorts of fabulous fashion finds getting scooped up in a sneak peek. The grand opening was last night (Thursday). My favorite shot? This one of Allie of Wardrobe Oxygen in the jacket I made her promise to buy so we could go out in our badass jacket and Union Jack skinnies together. (Here's Allie's feed, btw)

2) District Sample Sale - Duh. TravelinJames, The Chelsea Chronicles, and I scooped up crazy bargains in their first ever DSS. Since I haven't gotten to a real post on it, check out our finds over in my DC Celine facebook album, here.

3) I hit my true end weight goal and earned a big ass star on Weight Watchers. There's a lot more behind this, much of it having to do with the real results of #healthyme, trying on boutique clothes, and getting stopped by strangers, but still, that star is one I never thought I'd get. Now the real fun begins.


DSS Morning After shot at my gym, following a TrainerJen workout, and 2 days before the weigh in where I hit goal. Jacket: Nordstrom Rack (Friendship Heights); Necklace: Queen Bee Designs (DSS); Tank: Target; Skirt: Banana Republic (yes it's too big now and it's one I bought for #OperationBoothBabe); Belt: Banana Republic; Not pictured, Python Platform Pumps (Stuart Weitzman from Simply Soles)

4) The Metropolitan Museum of Art Announced a New Costume Institute Exhibit - book your tickets now. To quote the press release, which blissfully arrived in my inbox yesterday, "The Metropolitan Museum of Art announced today that the spring 2013 exhibition organized by The Costume Institute will be PUNK: Chaos to Couture.  The exhibition, which will be on view from May 9 through August 11, 2013 (preceded on May 6 by The Costume Institute Benefit), will examine punk’s impact from its birth in the 1970s through its continuing influence on high fashion today." I'm envisioning all sorts of ridiculously wonderful insanity of punk, with a dash of the Anglomania exhibit and the eye for a exhibit design that will blow our minds.


Left: Sid Vicious, 1977. Courtesy of The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Photograph © Dennis Morris - all rights reserved; Right: Karl Lagerfeld (French, born Hamburg, 1938) for House of Chanel (French, founded 1913), 2011. Vogue, March 2011. Courtesy of The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Photograph by David Sims, both via

Think I can get myself invited to the May 6, 2013, Gala Benefit with Co-Chairs Rooney Mara, Lauren Santo Domingo, Riccardo Tisci, and Anna Wintour?


3 comments:

Lemmonex said...

Congrats! You worked hard for this. So happy for you.

Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...

How about a #MWB to the exhibit? ;)

And GO YOU!!!! You have worked so hard and I am so proud of you!

Closet Coach said...

Congrats! That's awesome. And if you figure out how to wrangle that invite, do share with the rest of us ;)